St Ives North Public School

Learn to Live

Telephone02 9144 7743


Please read the information below before submitting an online enrolment application

  1. Check your address via this link: School Finder. Please note: Intake areas are not static and change over time in response to the evolving nature of communities. 
  2. If you live in our catchment area and your child is an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, you are eligible to enrol. 
  3. Enrolment applications must be submitted online. Click here for the link: Online Enrolment Application ( Please type in upper and lower case letters (not all capitals/upper case). Please answer all questions on the application form.
  4. You are required to provide 100 points of current evidence for the Residential Address Check. Please read this information first to check the types of evidence required (click on this link): Residential Address Check Form. Please note: if you are renting a property in our catchment area, your lease must be valid for at least six months or more from the student's start date. Please prepare (scan) your documents prior to submitting an enrolment application. Please upload all documents with your application.
  5. You are required to provide evidence of your child's birth certificate and proof of Australian citizenship*. This can be:
    - your child's Australian Passport
    - your child's Australian Birth Certificate (showing at least one parent was born in Australia)
    - your child's Australian Birth Certificate and a parent's proof of Australian citizenship.
    *Non-citizens are required to provide a copy of the child's passport and visa documents. If you are a Temporary Resident, please see the information below regarding Temporary Visas & International Students.
  6. When providing details for the two Emergency Contacts (Section 7), these must be relatives or friends (not parents).
  7. Please choose an option for Special Religious Education and Special Education in Ethics (Section 11). Please do not leave this blank.
  8. Failure to upload all of the required documents and answer all questions will result in a delay in processing your application, and could delay the start date of your child.

When to enrol

  • We accept online enrolment applications throughout the year for new Kindergarten to Year 6 students wishing to start in 2024. These should be submitted online, at least four school weeks prior to the desired start date (applications are not processed during school holidays as the office is closed). Dates and details of all previous schools must be included in your online application.
  • Kindergarten 2025 enrolment applications can be submitted online from 1 April 2024 (applications are not processed during school holidays as the office is closed). We advise that you submit your application by 1 August 2024 to allow time for processing. Kindergarten Orientation for enrolled students will be held in late October 2024.
  • Year 1-6 enrolment applications for new students wishing to start in Term 1, 2025, can be submitted online from 1 August 2024. We advise that you submit your application by 1 November 2024 to allow time for processing (applications are not processed during school holidays as the office is closed). Dates and details of all previous schools must be included in your online application. New students will be required to meet with the Principal in November/December 2024.
  • School Tours are held in Terms 2 & 3. Dates will be advertised at the end of Term 1. Check the Events page of our website for updates and details on how to register.

Below is additional information from the NSW Department of Education.

Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

How to enrol - Year 6 into Year 7

In NSW government schools, applying to move from primary school to high school is a 2-step process that starts with an Expression of Interest. Visit the moving to high school page to learn more about the process.

  • If you have received an offer from our school for placement into Year 7 next year, the next step is to visit online enrolment to proceed with the offer and complete the enrolment application.
  • If you did not submit an expression of interest or are not eligible, visit online enrolment to start a new application to our school.
  • If you submitted your expression of interest using a paper form, or would prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form.

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.